If you are planning to get a mummy makeover surgery, it’s essential to prepare for it before the procedure as well as after it.
Here are some tips you should follow before and after your mummy makeover procedure.
Discuss with Your Surgeon
Your goals behind the tummy tuck surgery will affect the way your surgery is performed. It’s essential to discuss your desires with your surgeon at PCLS Coffs Harbour, for example, and listen to her/him carefully during consultation.
This will help you set realistic expectations. If there is a good communication between you and your surgeon, the results will be great.
During consultation, you should openly discuss your lifestyle such as if you are a smoker, if you have any stress at work, how much do you exercise and if it’s very important to get back to work.
Prepare for a Smoother Recovery Beforehand
You can do a lot of things that will help you recover faster and smoother after the surgery. These include:
- Stop excessive smoking and drinking alcohol well in advance before the surgery.
- Stop taking medicines like ibuprofen, aspirin, vitamin E and St. John’s Wort a week before and a few days after your surgery. These being blood thinners, can be problematic for blood clotting.
- Get Sufficient Recovery Supplies
- Shop for some recovery supplies before the procedure. Making a list of things you’ll need is a good idea.
Things you’ll need during recovery may include:
- Comfortable clothes to wear during recovery period, such as easy-to-remove, button up shirts, loose pants, dresses etc.
- Compression garments to facilitate a smooth recovery
- Baby wipes
- Essential cleaning supplies
- Easy-to-make meals
- Your favourite books, music player and DVDs placed near your bed or sofa
Make Your Home Ready
During the first few days of recovery, bed rest is important for you. Hence you should prepare your home accordingly beforehand.
Fill your prescriptions before the procedure and place them within your reach of where you’ll be resting. Visit https://pclscoffsharbour.com.au/mummy-makeover/ to know more.
If possible, get the entire home cleaned to eliminate the possibility of allergies and infections. Get bed sheets, linens, pillows etc. cleaned.
Re-arrange furniture if required in such a way that you won’t find it difficult to move around during your rest period.
Check your electrical and electronic appliances and other gadgets, and get them repaired if needed, so that they will work smoothly for you even if someone else operates them.
After the procedure, you’ll have to expect at least for the first few days to be out of action. If you have too young kids and/or pets, request a loved one to take care of them.
Loved ones are also great for getting the emotional support which you need a lot during the recovery.
Avoid Strenuous Activities
At least for the first couple of weeks of surgery, you should avoid strenuous activities, including rigorous exercises, lifting children or any other heavy objects, etc.
Follow your surgeon’s recovery instructions carefully.
Wear Compression Garment
Keep wearing compression garment around your waist (if you’ve undergone tummy tuck or liposuction) and on breasts (if you’ve undergone breast enhancement) to help with swelling until your doctor tells you to remove them.
So, have you started preparing for a mummy makeover?