Ear muscles go through constant stress due to exposure to sounds of varying frequencies. And, it doesn’t get Stolid with age. Instead, the problem aggravates. Which is why people who wear headphones and listen to music of all kinds need to be extra careful.
It doesn’t hurt to undergo hearing tests and assessment once in a while, especially, when you’re in the Music Industry. If you’ve yourself been thinking about taking such an assessment, it’s best to get it done by professionals at hearing centers like évaluation acouphène Audiologie.
Some of the tests that these professionals recommend are listed below.
- VNG Test
Videonystagmography (VNG) is carried out to identify the problem of balance or vertigo. Further tests that aid the examination include:
- Visual Test – it’s done to identify if there’s any problem with the vestibule-ocular system.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo Test – it’s a kind of positional test carried out to identify the source of disbalance.
- Test for Tinnitus
Often known as ‘ringing in the ears’, tinnitus is a hearing condition that requires correction. It can be due to an underlying medical condition. But, the effects are general – hearing loss that can also cause permanent deafness over time.
Musicians and sound engineers are at maximum risk of developing tinnitus. Which is why it’s necessary that they undergo tinnitus assessment at clinics like Audiologie Centre Ouest.
- Peripheral Hearing Test for ATD
This hearing problem, that may begin at a young age and continue till adulthood, leads to limited hearing. The most common examples are:
- Difficulty in identifying hearing patterns.
- Difficulty in organizing the sounds.
- Difficulty in identifying the pitch of the sound.
The best way to treat this condition is the use of FM system to elaborate the sound spectrum for training the ears to recognize sounds.
Now that you know what are the most common conditions and how to get them identified, it’s about time that you know how these problems are tackled and treated.
The best approach and conditioning plans for treating different kinds of hearing problems are listed below.
#1. Treatment Plan for Vertigo
Rehabilitation is the best way to approach and tackle vertigo. The length of the program depends upon the degree of damage. The best therapies include the following.
- Up to 5 15-minute sessions of Positional maneuvering.
- 60 minute exercise program at the clinic to be repeated at home. If required, another 30 minute session can be arranged after the first 4 weeks.
#2. Treatment Plan for Tinnitus
The treatment for tinnitus is a calculated approach listed below.
- You have to fill the TFI Questionnaire at Audiologie Centre Ouest to determine the extent of damage.
- Once you obtain the TFI score, use the index chart provided to find out the type of service required.
- Schedule an appointment for the hinted treatment to begin the recovery procedure.
All in all, hearing loss can be prevented and reversed if identifying and treated at the initial stage. So, be careful.